Pre-qualification Assessment; is a prerequisite procedure under the East African Community (EAC) Standards Criteria for Classification of Hotels and Restaurants. Hotel owners/property managers must carry out self- assessment based on each of the identified Essential Items listed on the checklist to ensure they attain the prerequisite 100% to qualify for classification and star rating.
With the vision of positioning EAC as a prosperous, competitive, secure, stable and politically united East Africa; and the Mission of widening and deepening Economic, Political, Social and Culture integration in order to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments; one of the major sectors looked at is Tourism and Wildlife management, in which the organization harmonized the criteria for classification of accommodation facilities in order to provide standard and high quality services to visitors to the region.
Criteria for Classification:
You view or download the following criteria for different accommodation facilities:
- Pre-qualification assessment to qualify for classification
- Classification criteria for Lodges
- Classification criteria for Motels
- Classification criteria for Restaurants
- Classification criteria for Tented camps
- Classification criteria for Town hotels
- Classification criteria for Vacation hotels
- Classification criteria for Villas, Cottages and Serviced Apartments